Author Topic: Morgana won't load in Logic (part 2)  (Read 23680 times)

refinery

• Newbie+
Morgana won't load in Logic (part 2)
« on: March 25, 2008, 06:55:03 AM »
Hi DJ!
thanks for the prompt response. I'm running a dual g5 2.5ghz with 4gb ram, system 10.4.11.
here's what I get when i typed in that terminal command:
HEATMISER:~ refinerymusic$ auval -vt aumu 112d

AU Validation Tool
         Version: 1.2.0a12
         Copyright 2003-2007, Apple, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Specify -h (-help) for command options

--------------------------------------------------
VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: 'aumu' - '00000000' - '112d'
ERROR: Cannot get Component's Name strings
ERROR: Cannot get Component's Info strings
ERROR: Error from retrieving Component Version for resource: -3000

* * FAIL
TESTING OPEN TIMES:
FATAL ERROR: didn't find the component
HEATMISER:~ refinerymusic$

i tried checking out console as well but the only thing that showed up in there was an error message about garageband's package registry (i deleted the garageband content because it seemed silly to me, especially since it takes up close to 2gb space)

Thanks again for your help DJ, i hope we can get this sorted out. Ive been excited about the idea of Morgana since it was first released so I'm quite eager to try it out.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 04:34:19 PM by dj! »

Hide

• Newbie+
    • Website = House-eey
Morgana won't load in Logic
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 02:58:16 PM »
Hi,

I just bought Morgana and I have exactly same problem....
Couldn't get it on my Logic Pro7 (OSX 10.4.11 PPC G5 machine).

That's really sad... :'(

Hi DJ!
thanks for the prompt response. I'm running a dual g5 2.5ghz with 4gb ram, system 10.4.11.
here's what I get when i typed in that terminal command:
HEATMISER:~ refinerymusic$ auval -vt aumu 112d

AU Validation Tool
         Version: 1.2.0a12
         Copyright 2003-2007, Apple, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Specify -h (-help) for command options

VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: 'aumu' - '00000000' - '112d'
ERROR: Cannot get Component's Name strings
ERROR: Cannot get Component's Info strings
ERROR: Error from retrieving Component Version for resource: -3000

* * FAIL
TESTING OPEN TIMES:
FATAL ERROR: didn't find the component
HEATMISER:~ refinerymusic$

i tried checking out console as well but the only thing that showed up in there was an error message about garageband's package registry (i deleted the garageband content because it seemed silly to me, especially since it takes up close to 2gb space)

Thanks again for your help DJ, i hope we can get this sorted out. Ive been excited about the idea of Morgana since it was first released so I'm quite eager to try it out.

Hide

• Newbie+
    • Website = House-eey
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 03:01:34 PM »
I have also Digital Performer5... but can't load it either!!
I feel I want to get refund today's item. :-\

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 03:12:26 PM »
Don't worry, we'll get Morgana up and running for both of you.  I'm not sure what exactly is going wrong but it's not an incompatibility problem--AU just fails to see that Morgana has been installed.

First please try launching the Logic AU Manager by going to the Logic application menu > Preferences > Start Logic AU Manager.  You shd get a list of all of your installed AUs and the results of their last AUValidation scan.  Please let me know whether Morgana is listed there.  Also you can push the Rescan button to rescan.

If that doesn't solve it, you can force Logic to redo its AUValidation scanning from scratch by trashing Logic's AUValidation results cache file. This file is located at ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache (where ~ is the Library folder in your user home folder)  and/or ~/Library/Caches/Logic/com.apple.LogicAudioUnits.plist (for Logic 7). You should trash or move that file when Logic is not running, and then relaunch Logic to begin a full rescan of all installed AUs.

Please let me know whether this helps, and if not we'll dig deeper.

Hide: of course we will grant you a refund if you really want to, but I'm sure we'll be able to solve your problem.

-- dj!

Hide

• Newbie+
    • Website = House-eey
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 03:50:05 PM »
First please try launching the Logic AU Manager by going to the Logic application menu > Preferences > Start Logic AU Manager.  You shd get a list of all of your installed AUs and the results of their last AUValidation scan.  Please let me know whether Morgana is listed there.  Also you can push the Rescan button to rescan.

If that doesn't solve it, you can force Logic to redo its AUValidation scanning from scratch by trashing Logic's AUValidation results cache file. This file is located at ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache (where ~ is the Library folder in your user home folder)  and/or ~/Library/Caches/Logic/com.apple.LogicAudioUnits.plist (for Logic 7). You should trash or move that file when Logic is not running, and then relaunch Logic to begin a full rescan of all installed AUs.

Hi Dj,

OK, I just tried to use AU Manager, but there is no Morgana...
And tried to move out from "~/Library/Caches/Logic/com.apple.LogicAudioUnits.plist" to trash,
then Logic Pro was scanning all my plugins.

I checked again on the AU Manager, but... it still doesn't list the "Morgana"...

Is there still any chance!? If you'll be releasing fixed(?) version very soon, I can wait...

Thank you!

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 03:54:21 PM »
It sounds to me like there is a problem with the PPC build--perhaps smt accidentally broke in the final build or even the installer.  I'll check later today and see whether I can reproduce the problem.  It really shdn't be hard to fix, Morgana was successfully tested on PPC and 10.4 so I really don't think it's an incompatibility problem.  I'll post an update here in a few hours.

My apologies for the trouble!

-- dj!

Hide

• Newbie+
    • Website = House-eey
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 03:59:28 PM »
It sounds to me like there is a problem with the PPC build--perhaps smt accidentally broke in the final build or even the installer.  I'll check later today and see whether I can reproduce the problem.  It really shdn't be hard to fix, Morgana was successfully tested on PPC and 10.4 so I really don't think it's an incompatibility problem.  I'll post an update here in a few hours.

Hmmm... OK, I can wait ! Because I really like 1980 sound. :)
And, if possible, let me know by email too when new version has been released out.

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 04:02:43 PM »
Thanks for the understanding, and I expect to be able to fix this in a few days at most.

And just to comfort you, the refund offer stands for at least one month--longer if there is a good reason, such as Morgana not working (as in your case).  But like I said, we'll get you up and running!

-- dj!

Hide

• Newbie+
    • Website = House-eey
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 04:14:13 PM »
But like I said, we'll get you up and running!

Great! ;)
If it works, there is no reason for asking the refund. ;D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 04:31:12 PM by dj! »

Motion

• Newbie+
Re: Morgana won't load in Logic (part 2)
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 07:57:35 PM »
Hi Hide, Refinery and dj!

Sorry to hear about the frustration you are having.

Just a quick mention that Morgana is loading and running fine on intel mac 10.4.11 Tiger with Logic Pro 8

I appreciate that this is running native on intel platform so maybe is as dj! mentions something more than likely related to PPC build.

Hide....bear with dj!....he will get it sorted....Morgana is the doggies you wont regret buying it. ;D

regards
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 08:54:10 PM by Motion »

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 09:05:30 PM »
Just a status update: I checked and there *is* smt funny with the PPC version on 10.4 specifically.  I'm not 100% sure this is what's causing your problem but it could well be.  I'll investigate tmr and get back to you.

And Motion... thanks for the support!

-- dj!

Hide

• Newbie+
    • Website = House-eey
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 01:20:35 AM »
Hide....bear with dj!....he will get it sorted....Morgana is the doggies you wont regret buying it. ;D

Hi Motion,

Yeah, I want. :) And I hope Morgana will be working smoothly on PPC Mac too.  ;)

Hide

• Newbie+
    • Website = House-eey
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 01:23:31 AM »
Just a status update: I checked and there *is* smt funny with the PPC version on 10.4 specifically.  I'm not 100% sure this is what's causing your problem but it could well be.  I'll investigate tmr and get back to you.

Hi dj!,

Thank you for the update!
If you need PPC-Mac-tester, just let me know.  ;)

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 03:09:19 PM »
Ok, I changed a few minor things here and there.  To be honest I can't promise that this solves your problem but at least Morgana shows in 10.4.11 running in AudioUnit Manager--the one program I could find that runs only on PPC and is NOT yet Universal Binary. 

On a side note: if anyone knows any VST and/or AU hosts that are PPC only, perhaps an older version of some host, please please let me know--it'd be tremendously useful for troubleshooting issues like this one.

If the new build still doesn't work on your system, you might want to try the last 1.2 beta build, which definitely ran fine on a number of PPC/10.4 combos.

I'm sending you the links to both the new build and the 1.2.0b7 by PM... here's hoping!

-- dj!

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 08:44:18 AM »
A status update for the benefit of others suffering from the same problem: as it turns out a small file is missing from the installation, which--for reasons I cannot yet fathom--causes Morgana to not load only on some setups.

To correct this, please download the attached file "PkgInfo" and save it to

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/112dB/Morgana.vst/Contents

The Morgana.vst folder in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/112dB shd change to show a synth icon afterwards. 
The VST version shd now work properly on all systems, but it would be good if you could verify that.  If you don't own a VST host, you may download a small freeware host VSTLord from

http://arne.knup.de/?page_id=32

You can run it directly from the disk image, select File > New Synth and choose /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/112dB/Morgana.vst

Please let me know if Morgana does not show up in VSTLord after installing the above PkgInfo file.

Now on to the AU version!  At least it doesn't seem to be a compatibility problem but something wrong with the installation.  You may try the instructions from my earlier post--I'll copy the below--and see whether anything has changed wrt the AU version.

-- dj!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 08:49:31 AM by dj! »

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB