Author Topic: Redline Monitor Problem  (Read 22234 times)

Hellwilliam

• Newbie+
Redline Monitor Problem
« on: February 15, 2009, 12:27:32 AM »
I am using Windows Vista and FL 8.  Most of the time when loading Redline Monitor or when pulling up a file that contains and instance of Redline Monitor, I get a message as follows "There was a fatal error loading the plugin's editor" and Redline does not fully load.  Sometimes it loads and works fine, but most of the time, it does not.

dj!

• 112dB
Re: Redline Monitor Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 12:58:31 PM »
Hmmm... things that sometimes work and sometimes don't are always interesting.  I'll check if I can reproduce this, Redline Monitor runs OK in both FL8 and Vista here--at least separately :), I can't say for certain that I checked that combination.  Will report back here.

Thanks,

-- dj!

Hellwilliam

• Newbie+
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 10:07:49 PM »
I await your wisdom. 

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 03:20:34 PM »
Sorry for the delay, I was able to reproduce a similar problem with FL8 on Vista x64 here.  I don't get an error message but sometimes the Redline Monitor GUI comes up blank (black).  Thanks for reporting, I'll check into this.  Stay tuned!

-- dj!

Hellwilliam

• Newbie+
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 04:11:14 AM »
I have the Home Deluxe Version and I think it is 32 bit.  It doesn't come up blank for me, after the notification, the top line of the wrapper shows up with the plug in name, but the plug in isnt there and does not work.  This picture is from immediately after opening the FL file.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 05:14:41 PM by Hellwilliam »

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 08:55:24 AM »
Whoa, that is pretty weird really.  If you would:

• download the attached zip file
  • double click "Enable Logging.reg", say Yes twice
  • run FL8 and load RM
  • quit FL8
  • open Start > All Programs > 112dB > Redline Monitor > Troubleshooting > Error Log and send that to me

that might give me a clue as to what's happening (or more to the point, not happening).

Thanks,

-- dj!

Hellwilliam

• Newbie+
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 03:52:43 PM »
Here you go.  The last couple of times the files loaded, the Redline Monitor did not.

Hellwilliam

• Newbie+
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 08:54:20 PM »
I probably should post this, too, when it loads and works correctly, it looks like this:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 05:15:03 PM by Hellwilliam »

Hellwilliam

• Newbie+
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 01:37:53 PM »
that might give me a clue as to what's happening (or more to the point, not happening). Thanks,  dj!

Anything, yet?
Thanks, HW

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 01:40:33 PM »
Unfortunately: no.  No matter what I try I can't reproduce this on any of my own systems--not even with the same OS and VST host--and no log shows anything out of the ordinary.  But rest assured I'm still on it!

-- dj!

Hellwilliam

• Newbie+
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 06:23:25 PM »
Unfortunately: no.  No matter what I try I can't reproduce this on any of my own systems--not even with the same OS and VST host--and no log shows anything out of the ordinary.  But rest assured I'm still on it!  -- dj!

I read the other thread where the poster is having a similar problem and went back into FL Studio to check it out.  Exactly the same thing is happening.  I have it loaded to my starting template and it loads and works fine as long as you have that first instance of Redline open.  No other instance will load, after that first time, even if you close that first file.  In fact, if you bring the starting template up and then just reload Redline Monitor, it will not open, the error message and the first picture I posted is the result.  As long as you get all the mixing done the first time around, you are gold, once you rename the file and try to either open that file or a different file, Redline Monitor will not load.

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 06:58:53 PM »
That's interesting info because it suggests that the problem is system rather than host specific.  Which also would explain why it won't happen here, but unfortunately doesn't bring me any closer to a solution--the hardest bugs to solve are those that won't reproduce on a development machine.  I will prepare a beta build with logging all over the place for you to run, hopefully I'll be able to infer something from that.

Peace,

-- dj!

Hellwilliam

• Newbie+
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 07:09:06 PM »
I took it off my template and deleted it from all my works in progress.  Now I uninstalled the program.  I am going to reload and leave it off the template and see what happens.

Hellwilliam

• Newbie+
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2009, 09:04:04 PM »
That's interesting info because it suggests that the problem is system rather than host specific.  Peace,  dj! 

That seems to have solved the problem, at least temporarily.  I took it out of my templates and only use it to mix, then delete the instance before I save the file.  The next time I load it, it loads fine, so it seems that for some reason, saving it with the original file causes it to load incorrectly the next time. 

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 10:36:35 AM »
Thanks for trying that, I only tried inserting and deinserting and not from a template.  (Okay, to be entirely frank I don't know FL well enough to even know about the existence of templates. :))  I'll investigate what's going on there--this is in FL8, right?

-- dj!

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB