Author Topic: It's Out!!!  (Read 10239 times)

djanthonyw

• Beta Tester
It's Out!!!
« on: April 15, 2009, 02:16:05 PM »
Hey congratulations on the release of Redline Reverb! This reverb gets my approval, it absolutely rocks and I wish you much success with it!

Klemperer

• Newbie+
Re: It's Out!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 05:31:17 PM »
I'll test it right away, my last reverb-purchase is from 2004...the 60 days demo period is really superb. I'll check the cpu needs, as my main PC is quite old now (and some competitors for example require sse2, not there on an AMD AthlonXP3000+).
I have a question regarding the price in the first months - is it really cheaper in the USA like in Europe, so 99$ and 99 Euro?

Rhodan

• Newbie+
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 08:27:02 PM »
Its the best reverb I ever heard.
Congratulations !!!!

Klemperer

• Newbie+
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 10:52:01 AM »
First impressions are really great. Someone must enlighten me about the differences of the Reaktor-verbs rev-6, space master, the R66 I did not know, and this new great one.
Maybe you can tell a bit about it, djanthrow, as you were a beta-tester? Of course I will compare myself, but a little bit of background wouldn't go amiss for many people, I think.

Really, impressions are great, everyone should download the 60days-demo.

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 03:03:00 PM »
I'll test it right away, my last reverb-purchase is from 2004...the 60 days demo period is really superb. I'll check the cpu needs, as my main PC is quite old now (and some competitors for example require sse2, not there on an AMD AthlonXP3000+).

One thing at which Redline Reverb excels is CPU usage--I've run 150+ instances on a modest Core Duo 2.8Ghz--so I'm confident that your "ancient" system will be perfectly adequate.  Would love to hear actual results though!

I have a question regarding the price in the first months - is it really cheaper in the USA like in Europe, so 99$ and 99 Euro?

I perfectly understand your concerns so let me explain.

We handle different prices for buyers inside/outside the EU because 112dB is based in Europe (the Netherlands, to be specific) and we have to pay 19% VAT on sales originating from within the EU. So essentially you're paying the same $99 plus 19% VAT, which makes the net price $99 + 19% = $119 or 91 euro. So indeed currently that works out at 8% more, but the exchange rate has been fluctuating a lot and we simply want to offer a fixed price in the 'local' currency so people know what they're paying. Adjusting our prices whenever the exchange rate goes up or down would only serve to create huge confusion.

And I know it's a non-argument to say "we're not the only one doing this", but did you ever notice that MOTU DP6 costs $495 in the US while it sets you back 425 euro (which is more like $540) here in Europe? Or that a MacPro is 2299 euro ($2900) here but only $2499 in the US? (And they're manufactured in China so that's definitely not it.)

The fact is that Europe is an expensive market to live in, and I don't like the negative side effects from that any more than you do. We'd much rather set a single price and save ourselves the hassle of having to maintain two separate online stores, etc etc, but it's hard enough trying to make a living from selling audio software as it is. Forfeiting 19% of the revenue from the EU is a luxury option we unfortunately don't have.

Hope you understand our position.

-- dj!

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB