Author Topic: Bugs 1.0.1  (Read 5502 times)

daxliniere

• Beta Tester
    • Puzzle Factory Sound Studio
Bugs 1.0.1
« on: May 18, 2009, 10:46:52 AM »
This bug happened to me, but I've been unable to recreate it: (Thought it was best to report it anyway.)
I changed preset using the L/R arrow button and I noticed some knobs were locked (frozen). The wet/dry knob still worked, but the Bass EQ Shelf knob (amount, not freq) wouldn't move.

Second bug is extremely minor, but also worth mentioning. If you look carefully to the left & right of the small knobs, a 1 pixel vertical line appears in certain positions. This is present in both skins.

As a side note, it's not very clear how to change skins. I worked it out myself, but that was after a fruitless visit to the PDF manual and some more poking around.

BTW, I'm really digging the new presets. Some are very tasty.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 08:53:26 PM by daxliniere »

dj!

• 112dB
Re: Bugs 1.0.1
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 08:07:11 PM »
Thanks much for the report--even if it may just have been a passing glitch it's good to know about these things.  If it ever crops up again do let me know!  Was it just after you installed the 1.0.1 update, and did you re-use the existing license or wipe and reauthorize?

As for the pixels, perhaps I've been looking at the GUI for far too long--actually you can skip the "perhaps" part there--but I can't for the life of me see it.  Which small knobs--the frequency and L/R ones?  Where does the line appear relative to the knob?

Last but not least: the skins.  I just looked it up because I was sure I added this to the manual, turns out I managed to leave out the part of how to actually *select* a skin... duh.  Will correct this ASAP.  For those running into the same problem, two words: right click!

Thanks much!

-- dj!

daxliniere

• Beta Tester
    • Puzzle Factory Sound Studio
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 12:46:26 AM »
I had installed my new licence by drag n drop. I wasn't sure how to remove the old one first and I didn't feel like registry poking since it was still working fine on the beta licence.
I'll keep you posted if it happens again.

As for the skin error, I believe it's related to the knob graphics, as opposed to the background, but I could be wrong.
I have attached a zoomed-in screenshot and I've circled 2 of the 8 glitches, I've also brightened it to make it even more obvious.
Be aware, the glitches aren't present in every frame of knob animation, only a few per revolution, so you have to turn the little knobs slowly.
It doesn't seem to happen on the medium or large knobs.
They glitches are in different places for the 2 different skins.

poshook

• Newbie+
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 03:45:35 PM »

Mix knob position not saved with project, always 100% wet (1.0.1 Full) - Logic 8.0.2 / Live 8.0.4  ???

andivax

• Newbie+
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 08:50:24 PM »
those "knobs hide" bug was in 1.0 version.
1.0.1 is ok for me (cubase 4/5)

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB