Author Topic: pops / clicks when session is at 88k  (Read 4250 times)

TomDrinkwater

• Beta Tester
  • Newbie+
pops / clicks when session is at 88k
« on: November 22, 2009, 01:12:38 PM »
I am getting pops and bangs with redline EQ when the session is at 88k in reaper.

at 44k there are no problems

it seems to depend on the input signal when it pops, its not random, it always does it in the same places, but there is nothing obviously unusual about the input signal when it happens. I first noticed it on very quiet background noise signal, but it does it on other things too.

bypassing the plugin stops the pops, but it pops even when no filters are active , as long as the eq in in the signal chain

at first i thought it might be related to the PDC bug, but the beta 1.0.3 has fixed that for me, but the pops at 88k are still there.

I guess I'll check if it happens on other daws too...

Update: it does the same thing in logic at 88k too, so its definitely the plugin not the daw...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 01:37:32 PM by TomDrinkwater »

dj!

• 112dB
Re: pops / clicks when session is at 88k
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 07:34:49 AM »
Ok, thanks for the report.  I'm taking this to email troubleshooting but if anybody else is suffering from the same problem please chime in here as well.

Best,

-- dj!

dj!

• 112dB
Re: pops / clicks when session is at 88k
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 01:38:09 PM »
For the record: the problem will be fixed in the next maintenance release.

-- dj!

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB