Author Topic: Live 8 Bug???  (Read 3982 times)

Chinska

• Newbie+
Live 8 Bug???
« on: January 25, 2010, 06:57:01 AM »
Hey there, new to the forum and the reverb, which I've had for about a month now. I absolutely love it, and use it on everything from electronica to an acoustic EP I've been producing for some friends. However, either there is a serious bug, or I'm accidently typing in some bizarre keyboard command that I just don't know about.

What happens is: After I tweak a preset and leave it alone for a while, it automatically automates within the track to switch between my "favorites". In other words, the work I've done is lost, and instead the plug-in is now set to either my first or eighth favorite "preset". Now, I've never actually changed the favorites that came with the plug-in, so it's still (IIRC) "large hall" and "the afterlife".

Also note: This happens simultaneously to every instance of redline reverb in every track. So if I have, let's say, six instances of the plug-in going, then all six are suddenly automated to a favorite, and the work I've done in making my own presets for each instance is gone.

It sucks, because I love the plug-in, use it on everything, but constantly have to reconfigure the settings! This bug seems to happen randomly, but it's pretty much certain it'll happen at least once an hour. I've only used it in Live 8.

I can't possibly explain how frustrating to be in the middle of making a tune, carefully tweaking everything, when all of a sudden every redline is set to a 6 second decay!!

Any help/suggestions???

dj!

• 112dB
Re: Live 8 Bug???
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 05:14:02 PM »
Wow, just when I thought I'd seen every possible bug out there.... :)

I've never heard of this problem before so to be frank I doubt it's something in Reverb that's going awry.  To me it sounds suspiciously as if for some reason Live is sending a parameter change.  The fact that always either favorite #1 or #8 is chosen means that the parameter is set to its minimum/maximum value.

For finding the guilty party: does it happen during playback or also when stopped?  In the first case you could check if it always happens at the same song position--that would give a clue that there's some parameter change going on at that point.  If also when stopped, I'd suspect an external MIDI controller--perhaps you have a sustain pedal hooked up that's doing this?

Hope this helps,

-- dj!

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB