Author Topic: redline does not work in windows 7 32 bit  (Read 13240 times)

Gabriel_S

• Newbie+
  • If you can dream it you can play it
    • Gabriel Sabadi
redline does not work in windows 7 32 bit
« on: September 25, 2010, 10:19:56 PM »
Not sure whats going on but Reverb, Equalizer and Monitor aren't working in Windows 7. I'm using Cubase 5.1.
Limiter has no problems but everything else freezes half way through loading projects. I've downloaded the installers again and same problem.

This just happened when i migrated from windows XP pro to windows 7

Gabriel

EDIT: Ok, just an update. Seems I can't open any of my projects in Cubase 5.5.1 when I have Redline VSTs in any sends or busses. Not sure if it's a Cubase problem or a plugin problem yet.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 07:13:00 AM by Gabriel_S »

orbit1

• Newbie+
Re: redline does not work in windows 7 32 bit
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 09:13:36 AM »
I had a similar problem with redline reverb and found it was because I changed the compatibility settings for Cubase 5.5.1

Redline plugins just crashed continually. :-/

I used to have some previous problems with cubase and tried to run it in Windows XP compatibility mode. Try turning it off if it isn't and making sure that Cubase has the 'run as administrator' option selected.

Gabriel_S

• Newbie+
    • Gabriel Sabadi
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 09:27:19 AM »
Thanks, where do I select "run as administrator please :)

Also how do i  fix the compatibility issue?

Thanks !
Gabriel

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 08:06:49 AM »
There have been a couple of reports about problems with the XP compatibility mode and we're looking into it--I'm not sure why you enabled it in the first place but if at all possible I suggest you indeed turn that thing off.

On the other hand the "Run as admin" option shdn't be necessary, at least not for our plugins.  Or is it intended for something Cubase related?

Oh and I just noticed that you're running Cubase 5.1--there have been some serious incompatibility issues with that version that were fixed in 5.5, so best update ASAP.

Gabriel_S

• Newbie+
    • Gabriel Sabadi
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 08:59:02 AM »
There have been a couple of reports about problems with the XP compatibility mode and we're looking into it--I'm not sure why you enabled it in the first place but if at all possible I suggest you indeed turn that thing off.

On the other hand the "Run as admin" option shdn't be necessary, at least not for our plugins.  Or is it intended for something Cubase related?

Oh and I just noticed that you're running Cubase 5.1--there have been some serious incompatibility issues with that version that were fixed in 5.5, so best update ASAP.

Hi DJ :)

I never had XP mode turned on but I do have "Run as admin" turned on.

The Limiter is working just fine. The only problems are the Reverb, Monitor and EQ. This happens when they are sitting in the Send. Cubase stops loading as soon as it starts loading the 1st track with a Redline Send in it. I double checked this by removing all my Redline plugs from the VST folder and the project loaded up just fine. As soon as I put them back in I couldn't load any prior projects again. I have updated to 5.5.1 with no success. Doesn't seem to have these issues with any other plugs in the send.

I did do a rebuild of one song, removed all my sends, reloaded the project and inserted the Redline VSTs back into the sends. Did a reload and it started up just fine. So it appears it hangs on the original project only but not on the rebuild.

Again the Limiter works perfectly, so not sure what's going on.

Gabriel
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 09:00:43 AM by Gabriel_S »

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 10:36:11 AM »
TBH I'm not sure what's happening either--I don't think we've come across this issue before.

If you still have one of the original projects that refuse to load and could send it to us (preferably through yousendit.com or a similiar service, I assume it's quite big) that might help troubleshooting.  No need to include any audio files, the Cubase project alone shd suffice.

Gabriel_S

• Newbie+
    • Gabriel Sabadi
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 10:59:57 AM »
Thanks DJ. Can you PM me and tell me where to send it to?

Thanks so much
Gabriel

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 10:07:36 AM »
Are you 100% sure you sent me the right project file?  It loads perfectly fine here in Cubase 5 (also on Windows 7/32 bit).  If the same project doesn't load on your end, can you tell which of the Redline plugins is the first to cause the issue?

Gabriel_S

• Newbie+
    • Gabriel Sabadi
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 04:00:16 PM »
Hi DJ, it hangs as soon as it starts to load the vocal tracks. Yes it's the exact same file I'm having problems with. As soon as i remove all the Redline VSTs, the project loads just fine. Did you put the VSTs in AFTER the project loaded and then rescanned for plugins? I haven't tried that yet?

Luckily I only have 2 projects with Redline in the sends since it takes me at least a month or 2 to do a mix that I'm happy with.

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 04:33:23 PM »
Did you put the VSTs in AFTER the project loaded and then rescanned for plugins?

Not sure exactly what you mean here? I just loaded the project and that went without any problems, after which I verified that the Redlines were indeed loaded and functional.

A couple of things I can think of: are you running the latest plugin versions?  Another possibility is a compatibility issue between the Redlines and one of the other plugins you're using in the project (most of which I don't have installed on my system)--you could check that by removing all non-Redline plugs from the project and see whether it loads then.

If none of that helps, could you send me the output of Start > All Programs > 112dB > Redline XXX > Troubleshooting > Error Log (for each of the Redlines)?  That might give me something to go on.

Gabriel_S

• Newbie+
    • Gabriel Sabadi
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 07:56:01 PM »
Sent you a e-mail with my error logs DJ :)

Gabriel

dickiefunk

• Beta Tester
  • Newbie+
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2010, 02:07:55 PM »
This is odd because I haven't had any issues with either the Redline or Big Blue Series plugins? I'm using them on my Windows 7 64bit pc with Cubase 5.1, 5.5 and on my Windows XP Home laptop running Reaper.

Gabriel_S

• Newbie+
    • Gabriel Sabadi
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2010, 04:24:12 PM »
I soved the issue a few weeks backs actually. Had to switch OS to Windows 7 64 Pro and it works flawlessly now.

New problem I'm having now, which I haven't gotten to yet, is the presets aren't showing up in Pro Tools. Not a deal breaker by far, but as soon as I finish this last project in Cubase, I'm migrating everything over to Pro Tools. I'll deal with it then :)

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB