Author Topic: I spent my money...now i want Redline EQ to work!  (Read 8143 times)

Cubasemastersx

I spent my money...now i want Redline EQ to work!
« on: November 17, 2010, 02:17:01 PM »
Dear staff,
I Give you my money some times ago, but i can NEVER use your EQ...
In protools was too buggy...over 3000 samples of latency when i was able to run it without crashes.
Now i'm on Windows 7 and Redline EQ its not working at all...

So...i tell you...give me a WORKING version of what i PAID for.

I'm currently working on:

HP Pavilion DV6 Laptop, Core2Duo, 2.13 gHz, 4gB ram, NVidia 9200m gs graphic card, M-Audio FTU8r.
Win 7 32 bit, ProTools 9.

Best Regards

Giuseppe

dj!

• 112dB
Re: I spent my money...now i want Redline EQ to work!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 02:15:11 PM »
Hi Giuseppe,

sorry to hear about your troubles.  FWIW the latency is not a bug but intentional and inherent to all linear-phase EQs--it is (even theoretically) impossible to make a no-latency linear-phase EQ.

When you say "it is not working at all" could you be a bit more specific?  Does it not show up in the list of plugins, or does it crash, or what?  Without such info it is difficult to troubleshoot.

Thanks,

-- dj!

Cubasemastersx

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 11:04:14 PM »
Sorry, i mean that it's still working buggy, just like before. My english is so bad...sorry for the mistake.

I know, in a linear phase design it's impossible to get no latency...
but...i'm wondering if it's a bad idea to make a switch to disable the linear phase stuff... i'd like to use the plugin with the Harmonic feature and no linear phase process.

When I say it's not working i mean it appears in my list of plugins, but sometimes freezes randomly PT, so i can't use it, because i don't want to lost all the work i've done first!

I know...1.0.3 does not support Win7...when this can be done??

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 01:55:27 PM »
We are planning to add a no- or low-latency mode to v2, but because of the way the EQ works internally this is a far from trivial undertaking (and a number of features will have to be disabled in this mode).

When you say it randomly freezes PT, does it do so when interacting with the plugin, or even when you don't touch it at all?  In the latter case what makes you think it's the EQ that's causing the freezes?  And it doesn't crash PT but PT suddenly becomes inresponsive?

1.0.3 does in fact support Win7, the message that the installer displays is by mistake and shdn't be there.

Take care,

-- dj!

Cubasemastersx

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 08:25:51 PM »
Hi, recently i upgraded PT to 9.0.1
Everything works fine now! (i think the problem was some protools bug)

I'm waiting for a low or no latency version! This EQ is great, but with his high latency is difficult to use in a mix. I Often use it in linear phase to correct some resonant guitars, then i print and nudge the tracks, or for mastering purposes.

But a low latency version could be ground breaking :)

Sorry for my bad english, thanks for the support!

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB